Sunday 23 January 2011

A Crystallised Landscape

Begging to be Photographed

The fog that had descended on the town for the best part of last week had finally lifted on Saturday morning. In its wake was a crystallised landscape begging to be photographed. Realising the sun was soon due to appear and would wipe all trace of this natural phenomenon, I wasted no time in getting dressed and head up the hill. I didn't have to go far, over the fence at the rear of the garden and on up the hill for a short distance. Everything from blades of grass to bushes and trees were covered in a thick rime. I spent a good 30-40 minutes just going round the perimeter of the field before heading back home and a nice cup of tea and a hot bowl of porridge. Shortly after I got home the sun came out and within a short time the landscape was back to normal. So I'll leave you with the shots I took.
























4 comments:

  1. I particularly like the one of the fence Sandy. What a great time it has been for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will probably never see the like again so it good to have it recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Sandy.I might not agree with Tommy though.I read this article today.

    Scientists fear Arctic sea ice, which has thinned 60 years sooner than expected, is cooling the coastal Gulf Stream that protects Britain from temperature extremes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I personally think we will see this again. This has happened a couple of times recently around the Carlisle area.

    ReplyDelete