Sunday 29 September 2013

Full on

Shot of the Day

As Mr & Mrs Tootlepedal were away to a wool fair at Skipton I was charged with the duty of taking their entries to the show in the morning along with my own. After staging the entries I headed home for some breakfast with the intention of returning later in the morning. I also had lunch to prepare for Neil and the boys who were coming for an over night stay.

When I returned there were animals everywhere.

Tension was starting to build at the dog show




My work colleague Helen Woodhouse judging Ponies in Hand



I returned after lunch with Joe and Sandy to discover I had won the Transport section and came second in the Animal section

1st Transport

2nd Animals

I was also delighted to discover Mrs Tootlepedal had done exceedingly well with her entry, not only winning her class but also winning a trophy for best handicraft exhibit and not forgetting Tootlepedal who received third prize in the transport section.  

The terrier racing was attracting a bit interest.



The boys spotted bungee contraption and were eager to have a go. 






We returned to the main ring to watch the tug o'war between two young farmers clubs.



Returning home is never a straight process with my grandchildren.
Every tree.....



.......and every wall must be climbed


They are full on boys that light up my life.

6 comments:

  1. Those are fine photos-it's no wonder they won. I wonder if I would have thought to crop the transportation shot like that. It was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit of a gamble as I wasn't sure if the judge would accept it as a transport shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I could have been in two places at once. It looks like it was a great day. The boys seem to have had a lot of fun. Quality granddad work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've a good eye Sandy, congratulations. Great pictures, love the cuddly toy animal stall.

    ReplyDelete