Wednesday 20 November 2013

A Disappointing Trip

Shot of the Day 

My offering for the day

 I felt refreshed for some reason when I got up this morning and managed to catch up with some neglected household chores by 8:30. With a clear conscience I headed off to the moorland feeder station to fill the feeders, It was sunny and bright but not enough for me to linger any longer than necessary. That chore done I headed to Wauchope Cottage in the hope of a cup off coffee. Mr & Mrs Tootlepedal were in good fettle and coffee was soon on the go. We discussed our favorite television program that is getting aired at the moment; Borgen. As I have recorded it but haven't watch it Tootlepedal had to stop Mrs T from telling me to much of the plot in case it spoiled my viewing; I needn't have worried, she just whetted my appetite for a good nights viewing. Fellow archiver and treasurer Nancy arrived with the years accounts for Tootlepedal to cast his eye over so after a brief chat I headed home for lunch and to make some chicken soup arranging to meet Tootlepedal later for a trip out with our cameras. 

Our trip out was somewhat disappointing. We thought we were travelling away from the adverse weather but it somehow seem to know where we were headed and tauntingly teased by raining as we got out the car and stopping when we got back in. We finally gave up and went back and put a week into the E & L database then I returned home to work on some more photo products, hopefully to sell at the up coming Christmas craft fair being held in the Buccleuch Centre this coming Sunday.



5 comments:

  1. It gets dark very early here now and if it rains on the weekend too it can make photography frustrating, so I can imagine how you felt. At least you got an excellent shot of the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't complain, I've got some really pleasing shots lately.

      Delete
  2. Nice rainbow.
    I'm hoping for some brighter weather next week Sandy, I'm heading west for a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a nice time Jim and the weather is kind to you.

      Delete
  3. We'll have to get a job as a pair of rainmakers.

    ReplyDelete